Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Creating (custom?) series

Creating (custom?) series 1 month 2 weeks ago #51736

Hi,

I'm wanting to create a custom series in Comic Rack and so far I'm finding the program pretty confusing so I know I'm going to have to read through a lot of the documentation.

Basically, what I want to achieve is custom series that cover the bulk of the main story plus the tie in and setup issues. As an example,

The Amazing Spider-Man #654.1 leads into the Agent Venom series so I'd ideally like to be able to click on something like 'Venom 2011' and it contain everything I need in order.

How much of the automated tools can do this? Is there a better way?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Creating (custom?) series 1 week 6 days ago #62296

• tigerpuffs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Sounds like you want an ordered reading list. They are fairly easy to build. Put all your comics into ComicRack, scrape the metadata for them, then in the bar to the left of the main library window, inside the Library tab, right click anywhere and choose "New List". This creates a virtual folder type thing that you can organize in various ways. Name it whatever you want, I'd guess Agent Venom would be good.

You can use the search or filter options to find all the comics that have your character, and then drag them into the new list you just made, or you can create a Smart List that finds all the stuff you tell it to and puts it all together. But a smart list can't also be an ordered reading list, so if you do that, you'd need 2 lists.

Click on the Agent Venom list and it will open up in the browse pane. Set it on Detailed view, choose a sort option and then right click inside the browse pane and choose "Edit List" and then "Apply Current Order". Then sort the list by Position and you can start dragging stuff up or down into the reading order you prefer. I usually start off by sorting my lists by published date and then fine tune it from there.

Hope this helps!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Who's Online

We have 124 guests and no members online