Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Pull Info from Filename

Pull Info from Filename 9 years 11 months ago #638

• rs1990
  • Fresh Boarder
I was just wondering if there was a way to pull info from a filename? I accidentally screwed up my entire Civil War series, but the filenames are still correct. I know that there is a script to rename the file based on the info, but I don't see anything to go the other way.

Even better would be if I could get the script that gets info from Comic Info DB to work, then it would be fine. However, that script is not doing anything for me when I try to use it.

Thanks.
-RS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pull Info from Filename 9 years 11 months ago #646

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Clear all the fields and see what ComicRack inserts as the \"gray\" proposed values. If you like the result, you can copy the data via right click Copy Data. Select the other comics you want to clear and then right click on them and Paste Data. You'll get to choose which fields will be overwritten with a dialog. After that, right click the selections again and select Commit Proposed Values...

That should do the job. And check your Personal Messages for this forum for a private message from me about the script.
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by wadegiles.

Re:Pull Info from Filename 9 years 11 months ago #650

• rs1990
  • Fresh Boarder
That worked perfectly. I didn't know that it would try to get the info from the filename again if it was cleared. Thank you so much.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 2 members online