Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT

Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7669

I installed comicrack in order to get a viewer that could display the comics on my tablet pc better than adobe reader. Which seems to not allow a one page view. I have the DVD Roms that Marvel sold with PDF Comics. However when I go to open the pdfs I get a big red X where the comic is displayed and a phrase saying it could not open the book. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7670

• pokeone
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Those comics are password protected. They don't work in ComicRack because the software lacks the ability to open password protected archives of anything. Plus even if you were able to open them in a reader that wasn't adobe's you would most likely see a very large
Marvel watermark in the center of the page. In order to fix this you need to use a pdf password remover, and then use a pdf editor, like the Adobe Acrobat 30 day free trial to remove the watermark.

Re:Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7673

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
DRM is an amazing FU :/

Re:Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7679

I Am afraid it is only going to get worse with Disney (steve Jobs (Single Biggest Disney Sharholder)) owning Marvel.

Re:Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7681

AsgardianLord wrote:
I Am afraid it is only going to get worse with Disney (steve Jobs (Single Biggest Disney Sharholder)) owning Marvel.

Yeah, how dare they try to make people actually buy their products :)

Re:Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 7 years 6 months ago #7684

What in the hell are you talking about? I have bought the product. I just want to be able to read it with a better reader than Adobe. Also I hate to burst your bubble but DRM is slowly morphing into a license to rent and not own the digital product. That in itself is a bad trend as they can cut you off at anytime. This is the move you are seeing to a monthly fee forever in order to access the digital content. I personally do not allow my company to buy any software like that.

Cannot Open PDF on Marvel Comics On DVD Rom by GIT 11 months 6 days ago #46658

• Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
Use this all in one PDF tool to remove Adobe PDF passwords and perform multiple task with PDF documents here www.osttopstapp.com/pdf-unlocker.html pdf unlocker this all in one tool will remove pdf password, remove pdf security, unlock pdf copy print edit restriction, create watermark, merge pdf files, split pdf files and much more. Use this tool and recommend with others. This is also free PDF viewer for all Windows users.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 427 guests and 7 members online