Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Export Comic List

Export Comic List 9 years 8 months ago #856

• rs1990
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tried to export a few comics to a comic list and have some questions I was hoping somebody might be able to answer.

1) I was wondering exactly what the column header for the -1 was? I have pasted a quick example below. I understand all of them except the -1.

Astonishing X-Men Gifted, Part 1 1 -1 2004
Astonishing X-Men Gifted, Part 2 2 -1 2004

2) Is there any way to have the script sort them by Title and issue when exporting them? I know it isn't much to just use Excel to do it manually, but I was just wondering.

3) Would there be any good ideas out there of ways to merge new comics into the export list? For example, I exported a list just now. Next week, let's say I have a new comic, now when I export the list, it just overwrites the existing one. I am wondering if it could know to just merge the new one?

Thanks.
-RS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Export Comic List 9 years 8 months ago #857

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The -1 is probably the Volume number. When set to -1, the Volume is interpretted as "none" by ComicRack. When you are exporting Volume numbers, check for anything less than zero before saving off the value.

Why don't you sort the list how you want it before you export the list?

Merging could be done a variety of ways. Off the cuff, you could search the existing file for all the entries from the new list of comics. Don't append the lines that already exist. Of course this assumes the format you exported originally was maintained in the mean time and that you are using the same format to export the list this time as well.
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by wadegiles.

Re:Export Comic List 9 years 8 months ago #867

• rs1990
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh OK, I didn't realize that it exported it how I had it sorted. I will try that.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and 6 members online