Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: How to get ComicInfo.xml to be recognized

How to get ComicInfo.xml to be recognized 9 years 7 months ago #906

Hi,

I am a new user to ComicRack and I have been playing around with the meta data that ComicRack can add to a comic.

It seems that when adding meta data to a comic works fine when doing it inside ComicRack (I suppose it uses the secondary data stream for this). It also works when moving the file around. But if I, say, copy the file with Windows Explorer (to another file name in the same folder) and then look at it in ComicRack the meta data is lost. It might be that the metadata stream is not copied on file copy.

Well, I thought, I will embed a ComicInfo.xml in my .cbz files (with Convert to .cbz). When that is done (And yes, i verified that ComicInfo.xml is actually present in the file) I thought I could copy the file and still see the metadata. But no, when I load it in ComicRack the meta data is lost.

So unless I am doing something wrong this means that I cannot backup the meta data or share it with other people via a CD-ROM.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to get ComicInfo.xml to be recognized 9 years 7 months ago #907

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
i will look into this issue, it should work actually...

Re:How to get ComicInfo.xml to be recognized 9 years 7 months ago #908

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
checked it and it works.

But be aware, that the info in ComicInfo.xml is only used if no secondary stream has already been written.

Re:How to get ComicInfo.xml to be recognized 9 years 7 months ago #915

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
You might find these scripts useful for backing up the alternate data streams ComicRack uses to store information. comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?option=c...view&id=748&catid=13

The export script saves the ComicRack data to an xml file with the same base name as the eComic. The import script looks for such an xml file with the same base name as a selected eComic and fills in the information in ComicRack. Since it uses the built in mechanisms, this does not overcome ComicRack's choice of where to put the data. Still, it's useful for backups and sharing between ComicRack users.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 3 members online