Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Multiple Series or Storyline Titles

Multiple Series or Storyline Titles 9 years 6 months ago #1073

• snorbaard
  • Junior Boarder
Been using Comicrack for quite a while now, and I'm constantly amazed at the power behind the application.
Like iTunes, which it is compared to, there is a specific requirement that I'd love to have.

Just like a specific song in iTunes can appear on more than one CD, so can a specific issue be part of more than one storyline. Especially nowadays, with titles having long story-arcs intersecting with company-wide "events", it's difficult to figure out how to tag my collection. Is it "Our Worlds at War" or "Death of the Kents".

What are the chances of something like multiple storyline functionality being added to the wishlist?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multiple Series or Storyline Titles 9 years 5 months ago #1108

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
Why not just use "Alternate Series", "Alternate Number", "Alternate Count"? :)

Re:Multiple Series or Storyline Titles 9 years 5 months ago #1111

• snorbaard
  • Junior Boarder
Good Point.
I do use the "Alternate" tags, but my suggestion is to have multiple "Alternates".
For example, if you try to piece together the Superman comics chronology, especially in the days of the Triangle numbering (where a single storyline continued on a weekly basis through the various publications, all 'tied' together by a numbered triangle on the cover), you could put the title of the story in the "Alternate Series" and "Alternate Count" fields. But when those plotlines start to collide with the Publisher-wide events, like Zero Hour, Eclipso and the like, where do you put THOSE storly titles?

I guess I'm super-geeky in that regard, but I think it'd be a nice idea.. ;)

Re:Multiple Series or Storyline Titles 9 years 5 months ago #1115

• snorbaard
  • Junior Boarder
Here's an example.
Starman (1992) #42.
This issue starts the 3-issue "Star Shadows" story-arc, and also starts the 49-issue "Eclipso:The Darkness Within" arc.

it would be awesome to be able to someday to a search for either the "Eclipso" series issues, or the "Star Shadows".

Similarly, the argument could be made to enable multiple Writers, Artists, Editors, etc. per comic.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and 2 members online