Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Is it possible to get an old feature restored, please?

Is it possible to get an old feature restored, please? 9 years 5 months ago #1120

• Gnarf
  • Fresh Boarder
In an earlier version of ComicRack, when using the "Get Info" function on books in the Library, after you entered the info you could move to the next (or previous) comic by clicking arrows at the bottom of the info boxes. These arrows have been gone for quite some time now; is there any chance of re-implementing this feature, or with the engine redesigns is it too much trouble to do? This used to save a lot of time when entering release year, publisher and genre info rather than saving each change, going back to the Library view, then right clicking on the next pile, waiting for ther info box etc.

Note: I realise the old feature wasn't perfect either, as in if you entered info on a single comic, then moved to the next entry and it happened to be stacked, only the top comic had its info changed and not the rest of the books in the stack. Was that why it was removed? Can that be fixed if the feature is re-implemented?

I must thank you for a superb program that goes above and beyond the call of duty; may it be absolutely perfect someday soon!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Is it possible to get an old feature restored, please? 9 years 5 months ago #1127

• mmalone27
  • Senior Boarder
Which version are you using? This feature is enabled in the 9.80 release.

Re:Is it possible to get an old feature restored, please? 9 years 5 months ago #1128

• Gnarf
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed v0.9.80 and tried that function just before I sent the request; that feature didn't seem to work for me. Now that I've tried it again, I see that it DOES work for single issues but NOT stacked piles. If I start on a stack that has a single issue in it this will work, but if I start on a stack that has multiple comics in it, it won't, as the multiple comic information box does not have 'previous' or 'next' buttons. Since I tend to add stuff in spurts, I have 3 issues of this and then 4 issues of that etc. in my 'unspecified' section of the Library, and need to add publisher, genre, etc to the info. Since stacked titles are almost always by the same publisher, it would be great if I could simply jump from stack to stack.

Perhaps I was a little unclear in my previous request, but I was asking if this feature is working/can be implemented on the multiple comic information screen, with 'previous' and 'next' buttons to go to the next stack.

Thanks for the quick reponse and a great program; I'm amazed at how small it is for all the things it does! Thanks again!
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 3 members online