Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Better UNC filepath support and various suggestions.

Better UNC filepath support and various suggestions. 11 years 4 months ago #1292

• zeroxmxi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I would like to start of by thanking the author for this fabulous eComic reader. However I find a few features still lacking or can be improved which is what I'm about to list here.

I usually have eComics littered all over my computers, I have more than one computer and mostly have windows shared folders exposed within my humble LAN. ComicRack works fine with UNC filepath capability but it's not refined. For instance, it doesn't scan for any eComics in the root path of a shared folder. Consider this example,

shared instance (root): \\zmf01\manga
shared instance (sub-folder): \\zmf01\manga\Naruto

This shared folder manga from zmf01. It has sub-folders and files however it seems that ComicRack has only been able to scan other sub-folders but not the root of it. Which is unclear to me why. Maybe this feature of reading off network folders or mapped drive wasn't a feature that is part of the initial design goals.

In certain eComic archives, I have bulky archives that contained multiple volumes of a comic/manga title, where each volume is contained in a sub-directory. These archives that stores relative paths with deeply nested ones can't be navigated in ComicRack but it's possible using ACDSee. I want to see ComicRack being able to do this and I can ditch ACDSee forever, which is being used to read my eComics/manga because of certain archives containing deeply nested directories. ACDSee still hasn't made their application Unicode based which is bad because it just screws up when consuming files with different character encodings.

And how about having a combo box where one can drop-down the list to search for a particular path and also allow user-input to specify a path the he/she wish to go to.

For instance I want to be able to enter \\zmf01\Manga\Naruto in the combobox or be able to drop-down the list to reach Desktop (which is already able to do that but not the former).

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Better UNC filepath support and various suggestions. 11 years 4 months ago #1301

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
I'll look into the scanning and archive matter.

ComicRack is meant to be used in the library view. The folder view was and always will be just an afterthought...

Re:Better UNC filepath support and various suggestions. 11 years 3 months ago #1307

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
top level scanning of network shares works here.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Who's Online

We have 126 guests and one member online