Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: "first page alone" option

"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1533

• Maxis
  • Fresh Boarder
There is an option to switch left and right pages in 2-pages view, but haven't found any for displaying the very first page alone (as cover) and together with the 2nd page - both variants are needed. I.e. displaying 1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 pages in the first case or 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 pages in the second case.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1535

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
so if the comic has two covers, the two covers should be displayed side by side?

Or should all the covers be displayed alone?

Re:"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1536

• Maxis
  • Fresh Boarder
I actually care about "wrong pairs" while viewing the main ("story") pages. Similar option in various djvu/pdf readers is usually called "first page alone". I've noticed, that ComicRack doesn't show all the pictures in pairs (when there are some large cover scans before the story pages, it shows them as single pages) - so, this option, probably, should be called/implemented in a bit different way. Maybe it should be called "change pairs", "swap pairs", or somehow similar, leaving the first page of the first pair alone and vice-versa.

Re:"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1539

• snitch7
  • Senior Boarder
Wrong pairs would be difficult to program for.
Why not just a shortcut key to move to the next page even if in two page mode. Then you can fix it yourself in a blink of an eye.
Does CR already have that option?
Last Edit: 11 years 3 months ago by snitch7.

Re:"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1542

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
the old one page back was used for that feature :)
you can still read just with the page navigation slider.

I'll add something in the next release.

Re:"first page alone" option 11 years 3 months ago #1568

• Maxis
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, but I can't say, that the problem is solved. Sometimes, there's no cover at all and the first 2 pages should already be displayed as a pair in 2-pages mode. Both Shift+PgDn and slider don't help in this case, 1st page is always displayed alone, 2nd and 3rd as a pair.

When there's a series of various cover scans of different sizes before the story pages, ComicRack shows them alone (which is correct). But then, it shows 1st and 2nd story pages as a pair, while 1st page should be alone in this particular case. I press Shift+PgDn, ComicRack shows me pages 2 and 3 (correct). I press "Next Page" - pages 4 and 5 (correct). I press "Previous Page" twice - and it shows me pages 2 and 3 again (correct) and then shows me the last cover scan, "unpaired" page 1 is missing now :)
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online

We have 124 guests and one member online