Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Option to ignore OSX Hidden Files ?

Option to ignore OSX Hidden Files ? 6 years 1 week ago #17319

• Matchstick
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I just started looking at Comicrack on the back of the release of the Android version and I've noticed that while the Android version of Comicrack ignores hidden OSX files the Windows version doesn't which means that if, like me, you use a mix of OSX and Windows PCs then the Desktop ComicRack library gets cluttered up with duplicate files that aren't actually readable comic books.

So is it possible to add an option to a future version of Comicrack to ignore any filenames beginning with ._ when scanning folders ?

A bit of background for anyone who isn't familar with OSX:
when you save a file on OSX to a folder that isn't in OSX's native drive format (eg a network file share or a USB stick) then an additional file called ._<filename> is automatically created as well.
(This file is hidden from view when using a mac (and linux etc) but windows doesn't know to ignore them)
So if from a mac I save a comicbook file called some_comic.cbz onto a USB stick I will have a file created called ._some_comic.cbz and when Windows ComicRack scans a directory contatining this file it will create two library entries, one for the real comic and one for this hidden file that contains nothing useful to a non-mac.

(Applogies if this has already been requested, but I couldn't find anything with a quick search)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Option to ignore OSX Hidden Files ? 6 years 1 week ago #17377

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
will be in the next version
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 8 members online