Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view

Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 5 years 5 months ago #23145

• Durandal
  • Fresh Boarder
Maybe this is really a bug rather than a missing feature, but I store a lot of digital comics on a NAS and I'd like to be able to browse SMB shares in ComicRack without having to map the share to a drive every time.

I'm on Win7 x64 and the Folders tree is Desktop as the root, then under that Computer, <User "home" folder>, Libraries, Control Panel, Homegroup, and any folders on the desktop. As far as I can tell there's no way to just browse SMB/CIFS shares that Windows can access, but if I add files to the library from a mounted share I can then use the search and replace script to rewrite the comic info in the database to point to the NAS URI instead of the share mounted as a drive letter. This is really a kludge though and it'd be nice to have built-in support for the Network places tree in the browser, since CRW can clearly load from Universal Naming Convention URIs. Also if the control you're using allows it, Control Panel can probably be filtered out since it should never contain comics. :P

Sorry if I'm just overlooking something. In that case please set me straight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 4 years 9 months ago #29091

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Problem is that the plugin architecture of ComicRack is non UNC compatible. This means that some stuff may work with UNCs paths, but other wont.

This problem can be solved by just mapping your paths to drive letters.

Re: Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 1 year 9 months ago #44655

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
.....................what?

Re: Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 1 year 9 months ago #44657

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

Re: Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 1 year 9 months ago #44659

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the link. I was having the same problem. Couldn't see my NAS in the folders. I managed to get it working after right clicking a couple of things and mapping as CYO suggested.

Thanks again.

Browse network shares (SMB/CIFS) from Folders view 1 year 8 months ago #44765

• tbgoose
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all

I am having this same issue, however my network shares are already all mapped to drive letters. Any idea how to get past this?

A restart seemed to fix it, network drives are showing now
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by tbgoose.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Who's Online

We have 248 guests and 8 members online