Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: dealing with removable drives

dealing with removable drives 9 years 11 months ago #236

• bpkri
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed a rather big shortcoming of ComicRack, when it comes to removable drives, like USB HDDs or Sticks.

The problem:
I do have my collection on a removable disk, so that my main HDD doesn't get cluttered by comic files. I have also set my ComicRack library path to that disk. The problem is though: The disk is not always there. (I don't always have it attached / switched on)

When I start ComicRack and the disk is not attached, it forgets everything I had stored about the comics there. Ratings, read/unread status, .... basically the next time the disk is attached, it scans the whole library anew and knows nothing about what went before.

It would be better if somehow the information about ratings and read comics could be stored somewhere alongside the library or at least would be in a way associated with the library location, so that it is available again, when the library that was gone is present again.

If the information were stored somewhere in the library path it would also have the advantage, that if you had different drives with comics, that attach to the same mount point (Like U:/comics), that information wouldn't get mixed up.

As it is ComicRack isn't all that useful to me, as it forgets its information each time I attach another disk and start ComicRack....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:dealing with removable drives 9 years 11 months ago #237

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
turn off \"remove missing files\", so that during scans the files are not removed from the library.

Re:dealing with removable drives 9 years 11 months ago #238

• bpkri
  • Fresh Boarder
I will try this. :) Should have stumbled over that feature myself.
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Who's Online

We have 243 guests and 4 members online