Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Auto zoom into pictures

Auto zoom into pictures 4 years 8 months ago #31643

• likunder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I dont know what about you, but me, I normally read comics in bed, on the sofa... thus in relaxing positions.
I guess nearly nobody likes reading comics on the local computer, most use there notebook or laptop to read them,
or a mobile device such as a tablet or even a smartphone.

But what is the problem of reading on these devices?
The pictures are quite small.
Well, of course you can read everything, at least on the 24 inch computer screen
or on a tablet... but on smaller devices it is necessary to zoom in manually and switch from picture to picture... which is annoying...

BUT: It would be way better, if each picture would appear FULL SCREEN.
Just try it, zoom into a picture of a comic --> You see all the details and its far easier to read everything !
And now imagine it would zoom into each picture automatically. - With one fingertip you get to the next picture,
which is displayed in full screen mode, using the maximum possible size of the screen.

That would be awesome ! ... especially on small devices such as notebooks / netbooks,
Tablets and smartphones.

Well.... it wouldnt be that easy to program that... cause as the pictures of a comic arent the same size etc
it would be necessary that the program recognizes the borders of a picture, so that it can zoom on it...

And now my question:
Is that already possible with comicrack or another comic viewer ?
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by likunder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Auto zoom into pictures 4 years 8 months ago #31645

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Have you checked out Comixology? It does exactly what you are looking for. Go to their website, they have a huge sample of free comics so you can check out how the app works.

Re: Auto zoom into pictures 4 years 8 months ago #31654

• likunder
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you,
yes thats exactly what I was looking for.
If I could import my own comics and use the guided view technology it would be perfect.
But so Its nearly useless for me :(

Well there is probably no open comic reader that can do that ...

Re: Auto zoom into pictures 4 years 8 months ago #31823

• GeoRW
  • Fresh Boarder
ACBF Viewer can do that (check here launchpad.net/acbf), but you need to first define boundaries for comic book panels for each comic book you want to read this way, which is a time-consuming work and not easy to accomplish. To recognize panel boundaries automatically by the application is quite impossible. That would require pretty advanced artificial intelligence that nobody has come up with yet :-). Comixology has created comic books with panel definitions (guided technology) for their comic books but you have to pay for it. It's not that easy how you imagine.

Re: Auto zoom into pictures 3 years 9 months ago #38403

• adamf9898
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
i would also like for the "Guided View" to be a feature of ComicRack. the comixology site is the only one i can think of that uses this view at the current date. hopefully this view will be a future way to view in the comicrack program.

wow, i just noticed that the last post has been 10 months ago!

is there any current news or information on this "Guided View" ?
<--adamf9898-->
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by adamf9898.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 3 members online