Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: ComicRack for Mac?

Re: ComicRack for Mac? 4 years 1 month ago #37086

• hiro01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'd even be in for a kickstarter/donation pool or something of the like to get it going. Using Windows under Parallels on OSX blows, since I sold my PC I can no longer use Comicrack natively on any of my machines. If you do a kickstarter to get enough fundage to develop it, you know you won't be wasting your time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack for Mac? 4 years 3 weeks ago #37169

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Can't wait!

The only reason I have Windows running on my Mac, is because of Comicrack... :dry:

Re: ComicRack for Mac? 4 years 1 week ago #37316

There is a way to run ComicRack on a Mac right now, but it's not the desktop app it's the android app.

This method won't be for everyone, since it requires you to have the desktop version and an android app on a device already, but for people who want to know here's how

Go to BlueStacks download and install. This will let you run android apps on your Mac.

Download ComicRack from Google play

I haven't figured out how to access the storage from the Mac side, but you can sync your files from your device to the ComicRack app on the Mac using FolderSync or even manual adding via a cloud app like Google Drive.

After that you can open an read comics on your Mac.

Re: ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 11 months ago #37554

• MattL211
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Is there any update on this topic? I am swapping from windows to a mac in the new year and would love to be able to ditch my laptop , where I store all my comic files, and transfer them all to my mac. To be able to run CR desktop on a mac would make life so much easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DP812

Re: ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 10 months ago #37914

• Eusebius
  • Fresh Boarder
Would be great to see ComicRack natively on my Mac, too... :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DP812

ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 7 months ago #38882

• MattL211
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Please Please Please Please PLEASE can we have a native Mac version of CR? I don't like parallels for mac and don't really want to go back to a windows laptop just to run CR. Any chance, now the Android and iOS versions are working, brilliantly might I add, that the next project be the mac version? Thanks in advance

ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 5 months ago #39403

• huffj
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm looking at switching to Apple after a lifetime running Windows.

It's crazy that no Comicrack support is preventing me from making the jump!

Please give us an update. Is this in the works? Tabled for way down the line? Out of consideration?

ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 5 months ago #39408

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
huffj wrote:
I'm looking at switching to Apple after a lifetime running Windows.

It's crazy that no Comicrack support is preventing me from making the jump!

Please give us an update. Is this in the works? Tabled for way down the line? Out of consideration?
As of today, a native Mac app is NOT in the works.

You best bet is running ComicRack on a virtual windows machine on your Mac using Parallels (or VirtualBox). Here are 2 tutorials:

ComicRack in a Hackintosh-Windows dual-boot

How to install Windows on your Mac to use ComicRack
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 5 months ago #39409

• Eusebius
  • Fresh Boarder
Up to now, running a virtual machine on MacOS is still a bad, not satisfying solution. At all.

I am running a i7 Mac Mini with 2x 840 PRO SSDs (500GB/s), 16Gig RAM and the performance of VirtualBox, Parallels, VMWare and Crossover is a pain. Even on a regular base of use. Using ComicRack accessing a 400G+ Comic Book collection there stresses the system and leads to delays and even stuttering, no matter how. There are graphic glitches also here and then, under certain circumstances. Besides the fact, using a VM is quiet uncomfortable and confusing. Integrated modes are even worse. Problems, irregularities everywhere.

I am using ComicRack on IOS and Android but not on MacOS, never ever.

By the way, though CR on IOS / Android is a great app, I am desperately missing borders on top/bottom in crop mode. Can´t see why the coder does not care about it. And the performance on Android is not as good as is should be... Also I am missing CR on Amazon App Store. And the side-menu button on Kindle FireOS is very annoying.

Since CR on Windows is simply the best I would be willing to pay for a MacOS port, even a full price like 30-50$. Also I would pay 10-20$ for a "pro" version on Android/IOS with borders on top/bottom in crop mode. I am desperately missing the borders, really. And even pay more for a side-menu-bar-free Amazon Shop pro version. But it seems the coder is a yesterday´s man, stuck on a yesterday´s position. He will - sooner or later - fall back behind other, more progressive, advanced coders.

What a pity.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Eusebius.

ComicRack for Mac? 3 years 5 months ago #39410

• jbellanca
  • Fresh Boarder
How about starting a kickstarter campaign to see if you get the funds for a Mac version? I think you'll find that there's a LOT of people willing to pay good money for it.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Who's Online

We have 229 guests and 6 members online