Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Metadata feature request - series start year

Metadata feature request - series start year 6 years 5 months ago #32079

• ComicTagger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi,

I don't know if this as come up before, but I wanted to put in a request for adding the series start year as something that would get saved in the ComicInfo.xml metadata. I know it's slightly redundant with the volume number, but not all comics have a volume number, all of them have a start year. Just something to consider. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Metadata feature request - series start year 6 years 5 months ago #32083

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 580
The Volume Number is the Start Year, at least as far as Comic Vine is concerned. I would expect (but I guess I don't know for sure) that any comic that doesn't have one wouldn't have the other either, since they are basically just two different names for the same thing.

Have you found comics that don't have a Volume Number, but do have a Start Year?
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Metadata feature request - series start year 6 years 5 months ago #32086

• ComicTagger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
cbanack wrote:
The Volume Number is the Start Year, at least as far as Comic Vine is concerned. I would expect (but I guess I don't know for sure) that any comic that doesn't have one wouldn't have the other either, since they are basically just two different names for the same thing.

Yes, that is true with respect to Comic Vine which doesn't seem to have "a volume number" field, but my request is for ComicRack's metadata to have space for both numbers, which are distinct. The volume number is in the indicia of many comics, particularly older ones, especially pre-90's, and it's usually a sequential number. So, I guess you can say that the start year is a historical fact about the series, and the volume number is something that is sometimes received from the publisher.

For example the "Powers" series from Icon that started in 2004 has "Vol. 2" in its indicia.

Re: Metadata feature request - series start year 6 years 5 months ago #32087

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What about comics that are not in ComicVine? e.g. collected web comics. Also, Manga can have distinct volumes listed in their indicia
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Kirtai.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Who's Online

We have 116 guests and 3 members online