Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 4 years 2 months ago #36319

• Harry
  • Fresh Boarder
pone wrote:
I would like to repeat the original feature request:
Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images.
Would be nice if there would be an option to keep the original folder structure and filenames.

+1

I have a lot of comics where there are other infos in the images' filename, like the names of the variant covers, etc. I don't want to lose those infos.

I know that there is the bookmark feature but it's really a long time to add those bookmarks one by one. And after that there isn't any really plus function of the bookmarks in ComicRack, you can't really organize the comics by them or anything, so I have to set them only because I don't want to lose the filename infos. At least there would be an option to save the original filenames to bookmarks, and later we can just delete what we don't need.

But it would be much easier if there would be an option to turn off the image file renaming.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 4 years 2 months ago #36322

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
The only thing I could think of (hesitantly) is keeping the original filenames of the images.
Keeping directory structures and non image files is not possible.

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 4 years 2 months ago #36325

• Harry
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
The only thing I could think of (hesitantly) is keeping the original filenames of the images.
Keeping directory structures and non image files is not possible.

I think it would be awesome, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 4 years 2 months ago #36534

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Hi there!

I would like to know if there's any update on this please?

I just found out, that when converting to CBZ, the internal filename were renamed as well.

I also would like to preserve the original file names.

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 4 years 1 month ago #37069

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Next version will have an option in the export settings to keep the original image file names.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, deathcroc, oraclexview, luke_70it, Harry

Re: Convert Files Without Renaming Internal Images 3 years 4 months ago #39872

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cYo wrote:
Next version will have an option in the export settings to keep the original image file names.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for adding this much wanted feature! I'm not exactly sure when you added this, yet I just noticed it in version 0.9.175. It has me smiling uncontrollably. :cheer:

Before this I would have to rename a CBR file extension to RAR, then convert it to a ZIP file using WinRAR while also only compressing non image internal files, then rename the ZIP extension to CBZ. Then add the book file to the ComicRack library. This wasn't difficult, yet it was more time consuming of course.

The only thing I see being of any concern now is the fact you said that this updated functionality doesn't keep any non-image internal files in the newly created archive (my manual method still allows for such files to be kept in the archive). This kind of sucks, yet isn't a big deal as of yet (though it would be even more awesome if you could add this functionality as well) since usually such internal files are rare to find in existing archives.
I'll be testing this updated feature's different options over the next month or so to see what works best for me. Thanks again for all that you add to this powerful comic book utility.

I've sent some additional karma your way and I'll also be donating more funds soon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 4 members online