Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder

Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 4 years 6 months ago #33594

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Everytime i install a new version I have to go in and put my publisher images back to the zip file. I'd like to be able to keep my publisher images between versions (I've uploaded some to the forum, but they never got added to the publisher images so i just stopped doing that.

It'd be great if you had a option to load extra images from the Appdata\cYo\ComicRack\Resources\Icons\{ImageType} directory, so that people can keep their own custom icons and publisher images between versions.

For instance for DC Comics, it would first search in the %AppData%\cYo\ComicRack\Resources\Icons\Publishers folder for the appropriate image, if not found there it would fallback to the default in the Publisher.zip located in the program folder.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. Also this is a good solution for Users that don't have write permissions for the Program Files directory and can't get Administrative privileges., And it can also take the responsibility of keeping up with the images off your hands.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 4 years 2 months ago #36594

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
not even a comment on this?

this would be a great feature, and would only require a few lines of code to implement.(if I'm guesstimating how you load your images from the zip about 20 - 30 at most and that's an extremely high estimate as i could pull it off in about 4)
if (#Image File exists in Appropriate folder))
   #Load Image File
else
   #However you load from zip

or if you're doing it how i think you're doing it (reading the files in the zip on load and making a dictionary<string, string> consisting of <publisherName, image path>)
#Read image paths from zip, as you already do
#reding from the appdata folders in the same way
#if (DictionaryVariable.ContainsKey("PublisherNameFoundInAppdataFolderImage")
    DictionaryVariable["PublisherNameFoundInAppdataFolderImage"] = PathToAppdataFolderImage;
else
    #add key and path to dictionary
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 4 years 1 month ago #37062

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
The following folders are searched for icon packages in this order:

%PROGRAMFILES%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
%PROGRAMDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
%APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons

Later entries overwrite earlier entries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, rassilon

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 4 years 4 weeks ago #37114

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
The following folders are searched for icon packages in this order:

%PROGRAMFILES%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
%PROGRAMDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
%APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons

Later entries overwrite earlier entries.

Thank You. Definately did not know that

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41027

• rassilon
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a trick to making this work? I added a new icon for Valiant Classics (publisher of the Valiant Masters collections), placed it in %APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons\Publishers\, and restarted the app. My image did not load.

I'd put it in the default publishers.zip file, but that's protected due to Windows 8 security.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41029

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
rassilon wrote:
Is there a trick to making this work? I added a new icon for Valiant Classics (publisher of the Valiant Masters collections), placed it in %APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons\Publishers\, and restarted the app. My image did not load.

I'd put it in the default publishers.zip file, but that's protected due to Windows 8 security.

create a publishers.zip in the folder (it must mirror the publishers.zip in the Program Files path) with only your custom icons.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41031

• rassilon
  • Fresh Boarder
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
rassilon wrote:

create a publishers.zip in the folder (it must mirror the publishers.zip in the Program Files path) with only your custom icons.

That's what I did. The original publishers.zip file is in C:\Program Files\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
My publishers.zip is in %APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons

The icons in my file are ignored unless I overwrite the original in C:\Program Files.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41032

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
rassilon wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
rassilon wrote:

That's what I did. The original publishers.zip file is in C:\Program Files\ComicRack\Resources\Icons
My publishers.zip is in %APPDATA%\ComicRack\Resources\Icons

The icons in my file are ignored unless I overwrite the original in C:\Program Files.

Do you have a "publishers" folder inside the zip?

the structure inside the Appdata publishers.zip has to be the same as in the "Program Files" publishers.zip
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41033

• rassilon
  • Fresh Boarder
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Do you have a publishers folder inside the zip?

Yes, or it wouldn't have worked when I replaced the original file. I gave up on %appdata%. It's broken, as is syncing with my mobile device. Fortunately, I'm only using ComicRack for archiving, and not as a reader.

Re: Load (and prioritize) publisher imges from user appdata folder 3 years 2 weeks ago #41034

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
it works fine for me, so i don't know why it's not working for you.
let me check if there's anything different inn my structure than what you're saying yours is.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Who's Online

We have 295 guests and 5 members online