Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals

Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #336

This is probably obvious, but in case it isn't, it would be nice to be able to drop one stack into another, and to rearrange issues within a stack by dragging them around.

Also, there needs to be some way of handling annuals, giant-size issues, and things of that nature within a series. They show up as separate stacks because they don't fall neatly into an issue number order.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #341

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
what would be the best way to handle annuals and other special issues?
What data fields should i add? A yes/no switch fot \"Annual\" or something more general?
I'm open for suggestions, as if i add this stuff they are there to stay. So the first throw counts :)

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #344

• blacklist
  • Fresh Boarder
I think a simple switch Y/N for Annual would be fine, I guess my concern would be how would it be displayed in my stack? In my mind, I would want it in numerical (well, chronological I suppose) order along with my issues.

I'm actually fine with having a new stack with just annuals in it, I tend to make sure my issues are named so all the annuals get grouped together anyway.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #354

cYo wrote:
what would be the best way to handle annuals and other special issues?
What data fields should i add? A yes/no switch fot \"Annual\" or something more general?
I'm open for suggestions, as if i add this stuff they are there to stay. So the first throw counts :)

Well, the problem is that there are occasionally issues that are neither annuals or regular issues, like the giant-size issues I mentioned. Giant Size Avengers #1 would go under Avengers but it's neither an annual nor a regular issue.

So I guess that means a general yes/no switch for 'special issue' unless someone else has a better idea.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #355

Another thing that doesn't fit nicely is One-Half issues.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 2 weeks ago #356

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I guess you could have an issue type field with values of Giant, King, Annual, Special, Director's Cut, Black & White, Sketch, 1/2, Minus 1, Preview, Prologue, Epilogue, Trade Paper Back, and so on, but that list seems to get longer and longer all the time.

I'm just glad ComicRack allows non-numeric issue numbers. All my irregular issues are referenced using it.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 1 week ago #372

Totally agreed. That would be a very good method, if we could add it, just like the Pulisher or Imprint.

There could be an option, wether it is prefix (Giant-Size X-Men) or suffix (X-Men Minus 1). The would be perfect. Or am I just dreaming? :)
Last Edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Quicksilver.

Re:Dragging and dropping stacks, annuals 10 years 1 week ago #374

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
i will add a field in the next release.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Who's Online

We have 236 guests and one member online