Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files

Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files 6 years 4 months ago #34082

• empty_other
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Any reason you are not saving the images and the urls for webcomics? Each time there is an update i have to reindex the whole comic anew.
I know i can convert the downloaded webcomic to *.cbz, but then i can no longer keep it updated.

If you add this, you should probably not save the last comic, as that often redirects to a frontpage or a /latest url.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files 6 years 2 months ago #36097

• jkmcne
  • Fresh Boarder
Saving the Images themselves doesn't make sense consider what .cbw is. There is no where in the "container" to store the images because it is a xml file.

But I'm definitely on board with writing the URL into the the .cbw, more specifically into the <page> tag.It is beyond annoying having to wait for 300+ pages to reload to get back to where I was reading or to the latest page. The endless waiting for the pages to reindex usually sends me straight back to the reading in the browser, because .cbw format at the moment is promising but not convenient.

Re: Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files 6 years 2 months ago #36098

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
It depends on the type of webcomic if it has to reindex. It should not reindex everything all the time.
Also files (html pages, image files) are stored in the internet cache of comicrack and do not have to be reread everytime.

But give me a cbw that has the problems and I'll look into it.

Re: Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files 6 years 2 months ago #36099

• jkmcne
  • Fresh Boarder
My Internet Cache is set at: 1000
I also believe I don't think I've seen the counter move since reinstalling ComicRack this week it constantly reads (0/0 Bytes)

No Need For Bushido (400+ pages) has problems loading some of the early pages, It's never bothered me since I'm not planning on rereading it anytime soon, I also fail at regex and mostly use the webcomic helper to build my .cbw's. But Failcraft loads all pages correctly, it's also smaller about 50 pages.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2002 Josep...omic.cbw
File Size:9 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 2011 Kaymo...omic.cbw
File Size:4 KB
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by jkmcne. Reason: Sorry Didn't Realise Last Night I didn't attach the files properly

Re: Saving the images and the urls in webcomic files 5 years 11 months ago #37126

• empty_other
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I use the webcomic helper to create webcomics.
The attached comic is one of the smaller ones who reindex every time, but my biggest webcomic have more than 3000 pages that have to reindex every time.

I noticed it did not re-download the images, so the cache works.

If you decide to save the urls to reduce re-indexing, you should probably not save the last one, because they usually show a "frontpage" url.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by empty_other. Reason: My firefox refused to attach file. Had to use IE.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Who's Online

We have 89 guests and no members online