Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Viewing of Image Directories

Viewing of Image Directories 9 years 10 months ago #359

I can't really fathom why such a simple feature isn't already present, being in that it's in numerous other comic readers that are by far more primitive than this one, but this program could really do with an extension to its compatibility that allows it to view collections of image files sorted in folders instead of in CBZ, CBR, etc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Viewing of Image Directories 9 years 10 months ago #360

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
cause folders are no eComics or eBooks :)

Re:Viewing of Image Directories 9 years 10 months ago #361

Well, actually, that's the way I organize all of my eComics, in uncompressed folders. It's a common feature of other programs, so I figured other people did it too.

Re:Viewing of Image Directories 9 years 10 months ago #362

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The other \"comic readers\" I am familiar with are not specifically for eComics. They are for image browsing inside archive files. It seems natural to me that those applications would allow directory browsing as well. If you think this difference doesn't or shouldn't matter at all, then I'll just say that ignoring scope expansion is the surest way to develop an incomplete, buggy, and useless application.

By limiting the scope of image browsing to specific archive formats, cYo can keep implementing new features in ComicRack instead of trying to replicate them for directory browsing.
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by wadegiles.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and 8 members online