Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: page number order

page number order 4 years 2 weeks ago #36658

• ylapointe
  • Fresh Boarder
i'm not sure whether to put this under "Help" or "Feature Requests" but im puting it under feature request for now...

I've noticed that ComicRack doesn't handle page number placeholders very well... is there a script to fix that?

here's what i mean:

if an archive has 200 pages, and the numbering format is

...etc

comicrack reads it as

...etc

the only way for comicrack to read the pages correctly is to number it like

...etc

it would be great if comicrack could recognize the different numbering formats and reorder it accordingly (if there isn't a script to fix this already)

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: page number order 3 years 11 months ago #37061

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
The problem is that the two numbering schemes (with our without preceding zeros) are not compatible. Most comics are numbered the right "ComicRack" way (preceding zeros).

If you've got a comic that is not handled correctly open the info dialog, go to the pages tab and select "order by name (numeric)"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: page number order 3 years 5 months ago #38703

• gotson
  • Fresh Boarder
The option to change the sort on the android version does not work.

I don't understand what's so difficult to do here, even the OSX Finder quick look manage to sort the files correctly whatever the naming convention.

page number order 3 years 3 months ago #39555

• jjh76
  • Fresh Boarder
Where is this "order by name (numeric)" option? The pages tab on the info dialog only has one option for "name" but selecting it doesn't do anything

page number order 3 years 5 days ago #40537

• megaDon
  • Fresh Boarder
I love Comicrack but this issue is kind of turning in to a major issue for me personally. There is an outfit called "Humble Bundle" that I am sure many have heard of that has recently been offering fairly substantial comic bundles for a great price and donating a bunch of it to charity. I love supporting the cause along with getting a whack of comics, many of I have never heard of. I don't see an end to me buying them but they order the CBZ files "page1.jpg, page2.jpg" etc. Throw in the fact that usually they are multi-issue volumes with 2-300 pages a peice and renaming all of them manually is crazy hard.

I sent an email to them as well but as of right now I have several thousand pages of comics I paid actual money for that I can't read enjoyably due to this issue.

page number order 3 years 5 days ago #40538

• gotson
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi megaDon,

i solved the problem by using a python script i wrote, to reprocess cbz file.
Have a look here: github.com/gotson/comics-utils

page number order 3 months 2 weeks ago #47663

• vomov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm necro'ing this thread, because it has not been dealt with, and it is still a relevant issue.
I've got a subscription that allows me to download (for my own use) older comics that have recently been scanned. Lots of these have a naming scheme without leading zeros, and up to 300 pages per issue. Most are packed as cb7, and comicrack is shown as the desired reader. However, they do state that to read it properly, we have to choose 'order by name (numeric)'.

However, this option does not exist anymore. I remember that this option existed, and I have used it before, but it seems to have been removed.

I do not see the reason behind refusing to implement automatic recognition of the naming scheme, and instead opting for a manual switch, but removing the manual switch just seems stupid. So, I've got three questions, that maybe someone here can answer:
1) Why is automatic recognition of naming schemes not implemented? It's something I have seen and made before, for stuff that is a LOT more complex than double pages.
2) Why has the option for logical sorting (i.e.: without leading zeros) been removed?
3) Is there currently a way to tell Comicrack to employ logical sorting, either per-archive or in general?

page number order 3 months 2 weeks ago #47667

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
I don't understand the issue you are having. Either the files are properly configured as cb7 or they are not. If they are then they will be in order if you order them by page. I don't remember there being a numeric option and it would be relatively meaningless if there was. You can order by Page, by Name by Position or None, as well as a few less useful options. Have you tried each of these?
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

page number order 3 months 2 weeks ago #47668

• vomov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The issue I'm having is the exact same issue OP is describing, so I'm not sure where your confusion comes in. Pages are numbered without leading zeros, which Comicrack does not understand anymore. Ordering by name makes it behave like the example OP shows, other options do not give any meaningful change. There used to be a very useful option for normal numerical sorting, which I used fervently, but this option has disappeared.

What do you mean by 'properly configured as cb7'? It's just a 7z with a different extension, and aside from some technical details, there's not much configuring to be done.

page number order 3 months 2 weeks ago #47669

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
CBx files are not normal archives, they each contain an XML file that actually dicatates which order files are displayed in. (The OP's issue is not a valid issue either.)

I have been using this program for many years and I don't think any ordering options have been removed. There is a possibility that a number option was renamed as Page.

It really shouldn't matter what the files are called.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds

Who's Online

We have 264 guests and 3 members online