Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Add an "In store date" field

Add an "In store date" field 3 years 11 months ago #37188

• TriOpticon
  • Junior Boarder
I use ComicVine scraper to populate all the data. I noticed the Comic Vine website has an In Store Date field now and I was wondering if ComicRack could add that field, also? I know it would not get updated until the scraper script was updated but I would manually fill it in until then.

I ask for this field because I think it would make it easier to be able to sort them in the order they were actually published/printed/in stores, than relying on the Cover Date.

If I have somehow missed this field, let me know.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add an "In store date" field 3 years 11 months ago #37189

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Comic Rack does have this field (though it's a bit tricky to get to) and Comic Vine Scraper already scrapes it.

If you look in the details dialog for a newly scraped comic, you'll see in the "Summary" tab there is a date marked "released", which is the "In Store" date from Comic Vine. (There is also "Added", which I believe is the date that the comic was added to your collection.)

If you want to be able to directly work with/edit the released date, you have to go to the Preferences window and turn OFF the "Show Catalog fields only for fileless Books" checkbox, which is in the "Behaviour" -> "Application" section. Then when you go back to the details dialogs for your comics, you'll have an extra tab that gives you direct access to the released date (i.e. the In Store date).

Re: Add an "In store date" field 3 years 11 months ago #37200

• TriOpticon
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks! I looked at all the fields and never seemed to see Released.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 5 members online