Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Comic Integrity Scan

Comic Integrity Scan 3 years 11 months ago #37343

• Tarran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've been syncing over some comics lately to realize that somehow they have become corrupt after I had performed my initial scan/tagging. I wanted to see if there was a way that CR could perform a "full" scan. Instead of just checking the basic file information it would actually test all the files to make sure it can read everything. I have a rather large collection so doing that by hand would be a bit of a feat. If there is a way to do this and I just haven't realized it (without doing a fresh convert) please let me know. I don't have the space to store a second copy for the convert so in hopes of not missing any files by doing batches I was hoping there was a way to have all of them checked.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comic Integrity Scan 3 years 11 months ago #37344

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Tarran wrote:
I've been syncing over some comics lately to realize that somehow they have become corrupt after I had performed my initial scan/tagging. I wanted to see if there was a way that CR could perform a "full" scan. Instead of just checking the basic file information it would actually test all the files to make sure it can read everything. I have a rather large collection so doing that by hand would be a bit of a feat. If there is a way to do this and I just haven't realized it (without doing a fresh convert) please let me know. I don't have the space to store a second copy for the convert so in hopes of not missing any files by doing batches I was hoping there was a way to have all of them checked.

You need to have a look at malor89's perl scripts. The one you need is testarchives.pl.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

Re: Comic Integrity Scan 3 years 11 months ago #37345

• Tarran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
One day I'm going to come up with a question/issue you can't answer :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Comic Integrity Scan 3 years 11 months ago #37353

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Can I run testarchives.pl locally in Linux?

Re: Comic Integrity Scan 3 years 11 months ago #37355

• sasha
  • Fresh Boarder
startreksteve wrote:
Can I run testarchives.pl locally in Linux?

The script has hard-coded paths. Based on very quick look, if you replace path to 7z to /usr/bin/7z and every $dir\\$file with $dir/$file.. things might get going.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and one member online