Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Gatefold / Centerfold Page Types

Gatefold / Centerfold Page Types 3 years 11 months ago #37754

• VigorousJammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I Jam... Vigorously...
  • Thank you received: 1
I have some comics in my library with gatefold covers, and interior gatefold/centerfold pages, that is... the fold-out pages that have a really wide image. I realized that even if the entire fold-out cover was in one file, it would still display as two pages (in the two-page layout).
I'm guessing there's probably some algorithm that says if the width is longer than the height of an image, to automatically split it up into two pages. In most cases that's ideal and works as intended... However, I think it would be nice if we could manually mark a page as a "gatefold" and get it to show as a single-page (in the two-page layout), even if the width is longer than the height.

It would be even nicer if we could simulate folding the gatefold as well, but that seems like it would be a lot more difficult to implement, as you would have to know what's on the opposite side, you'd have to have a new "folding" animation instead of the default "page turning" animation, and you would have to know how many times a gatefold would have been folded (If it's more than a double-width gatefold).
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by VigorousJammer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and 3 members online