Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Export Improvements (Merge / Metadata)

Export Improvements (Merge / Metadata) 3 years 9 months ago #37779

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have Super Awesome Book #1 and all 12 variant covers in my collection. Each one is a separate CBZ archive. The main book is 32 pages and all the pages have individual types set. Each of the covers is in a separate CBZ, of 1 page, with a page type of front cover.

All the files are tagged with the CVDB. The variant covers are also tagged with 'Cover' and 'Pages', which allow me to manage my collection in the fashion I choose.

What I can do now is to select multiple all these books in the UI, and choose to export and merge, and replace the existing book. This works except that it could work better.

1) It is non-deterministic which book becomes the primary set of the metadata. Shouldn't it always be the first one selected? If not, please give me a way to indicate which should be primary.

2) Options to merge or replace metadata i.e. creating a multi-value entry for cover artist when merging the variant covers into the main book.

3) Optimally the pages of the merged books would be sorted by type, and not be renamed. (I know that supposedly a renaming the files toggle is in the works. so consider this an upvote for that.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Who's Online

We have 179 guests and 6 members online