Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Comparative searches

Comparative searches 3 years 8 months ago #38306

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Comicrack has the greatest searching tools I have found in a comicbook database... however some tools I sometimes find missing are the one to compare values...

For example:

I want to search every comic that has the same Title as other comic in the library, or the same Serie Title (but not format, or volume)

The only tool that let you do that (or something similar) is the duplicate search, but it only works for "same serie, same volume, same format"

Sometimes, for example, if a comic has a format and there is an identical comic but by mistake with another format, you will never find them as duplicate. I am not saying that the duplicate criteria is wrong, in fact it is perfectly chosen, but it would be great to customise it for other uses.

For example, sometimes I want to search all comics with the same altertive serie title, but with different serie title, to look for crossover events. And I could name a lot of uses for searches like that...

I am not really sure how easy or hard it would be to add it to the program, so I will not say "hey! why didn't you do it?!", but if it is not very difficult to implement, it would be a great tool for an already almost perfect pack of searching tools the program has
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comparative searches 3 years 8 months ago #38307

• Wolverutto
  • Senior Boarder
I think somebody had said it was possibile to do specific searches, like "[Alternate Series] contains word" but I never found out how.
Hic

Comparative searches 1 year 6 months ago #45447

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
2 years and 2 months after this topic, I made my own script to add this feature to Comicrack XD

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3...scrips-options-value
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Who's Online

We have 204 guests and 8 members online