Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Syncronized reading position

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38578

• filar
  • Fresh Boarder
I have my Android phone (Note 3), android tablet (Galaxy Note 12.2) and my iPad Air in different places, and have my comics collection on all of them, using different reader apps and using some time to find the same issue and reading position when changing place/device.
Discovering ComicRack and seeing that it is multiplatform, I hoped for a syncronized reading position through dropbox or google drive, but no such luck...
Pleaaase add this, and I will buy ComicRack on all platforms :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38583

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 682
Currently reading positions are synced when you use ComicRack to sync your mobile devices via the main library on your PC.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38594

• filar
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
Currently reading positions are synced when you use ComicRack to sync your mobile devices via the main library on your PC.

But this does not happen automatically through the web? You have to do it manually every time and only on your local network?
Or can this happen without user interaction?

The idea was that, like Kindle and Kobo and so on, when you switch from one device to the other and open the application, it will continue where you stopped on the other device. If this is obtained by syncing an xml file or similar through Dropbox or Google drive or similar, this will work when travelling as well, not only in your home. This would be a great plus.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38596

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 601
filar wrote:
cYo wrote:

But this does not happen automatically through the web? You have to do it manually every time and only on your local network?
Or can this happen without user interaction?

The idea was that, like Kindle and Kobo and so on, when you switch from one device to the other and open the application, it will continue where you stopped on the other device. If this is obtained by syncing an xml file or similar through Dropbox or Google drive or similar, this will work when travelling as well, not only in your home. This would be a great plus.
This is a feature request yet to be implemented. I wish it does see the light of the day, someday. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38610

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Syncing across multiple devices even while on your local network only seems to work in CR for Windows. If part of an issue is read on a device then windows version will show that progress, but if part is read on the windows version and synced then devices still show issue as unread.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38617

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 682
It should depend on which device you last opened the comic. This device wins.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 2 months ago #38620

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
I have never had it sync to a reading spot on a device. The device just shows it as unread and opens at the first page. Windows version will show progress but Android doesn't. I have tested this on 2 devices.

Syncronized reading position 5 years 1 week ago #39489

• SoccerDad91016
  • Junior Boarder
I have a similar request which is to enable status sync across multiple devices.

I have two android tablets syncing with 1 windows PC. If I read a comic on tablet A, and then sync devices it should show as read on tablet B. However that is not how it currently works for me.

I could be missing something but this would be a nice function to have for people who have multiple devices (e.g. phones, tablets and PCs)
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Who's Online

We have 120 guests and one member online