Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: opds server

opds server 3 years 5 months ago #39238

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
I've been using Calibre as my epub reader. Most of my apps that I have on my tablet can all connect to my computer via an OPDS server I start on the calibre program. I got to thinking, that if these servers are just showing a list of your available books based on certain properties, and then allowing you to select and transfer books to your tablet on demand, why can't it be used for other file formats besides epubs. This would allow us to sync on demand any single book without being in the same network. I think...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

opds server 3 years 5 months ago #39255

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I love OPDS for my epubs as well. I use COPS blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server as an addon so I don't have to have my desktop running with Calibre at the same time.

OPDS and a COPS style support for reading the comicrack database without running comicrack at the same time would be awesome. I know that is not the most likely thing to happen. And comicrack syncs more info (like reading status and rating) that OPDS as far as I know.

opds server 3 years 5 months ago #39259

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
As an aside / tip, I use Comic Glass if I ever want to read a random book from my NAS FTP Server, and because I use ComicRack to order my collection into nested folders I can find most things quite easily. Comic Glass has that elusive feature of streaming so you don't even have to download the comics.

If Comic Glass could actually make use of the XML data or could build / interrogate a database on my NAS I wouldn't use ComicRack at all on my iPad.

opds server 3 years 4 months ago #39267

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
jkthemac wrote:
As an aside / tip, I use Comic Glass if I ever want to read a random book from my NAS FTP Server, and because I use ComicRack to order my collection into nested folders I can find most things quite easily. Comic Glass has that elusive feature of streaming so you don't even have to download the comics.

If Comic Glass could actually make use of the XML data or could build / interrogate a database on my NAS I wouldn't use ComicRack at all on my iPad.
I had to do a double-take when I looked up Comic Glass. The bookshelf view is deceptively similar to that of Perfect Viewer on Android. And similarly, Perfect Viewer supports cifs, etc for reading books across the network. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to following the Organizer tutorials so my folder structure is more of a folder maze.

I like the idea of creating a light(er)weight service to augment the desktop version of ComicRack.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Who's Online

We have 185 guests and 7 members online