Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Ability to share and update reading lists

Ability to share and update reading lists 3 years 4 months ago #39841

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I would love it if we could share our reading lists and sync them somehow. I'm picturing it sort of like a version manager, where people could check out a revision of a reading list and check another one in - right from the program. And maybe a new, paired, infinite field called 'reading list title' & 'reading list position' (or something similar). So I could have a single issue in dozens or even hundreds of reading lists, but have that info saved in the comic itself.

Right now some great workarounds are being made by various members of the community - but nothing feels really solid. If I use a regular list but I'm missing issues I can temporarily fill them with fileless entries. The problem is that if I'm able to get the proper issue I have to manually link it in. And I think (although I haven't confirmed) that if I end up deleting a book that was originally added to that list that book is no longer in that list and there's no way for me to figure out it's missing.

If I decide to use smart lists instead there's currently no method to look for missing books.

I guess I'm requesting a bit of an overhaul to the method of creating and sharing reading lists. Perhaps after some consultation with the community to discuss the best method(s) for doing so. I think maybe the reading lists need to be considered a bit differently from the lists and smart lists.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and 5 members online