Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Preserve thumbnails for missing issues

Preserve thumbnails for missing issues 3 years 1 month ago #40936

• hetchel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello.
I moved some files to an external USB to save space in my main disk.
But I wanted them to remain cataloged in ComicRack, so I unchecked the relevant option, "Automatically remove missing files from Library during scan".
After doing that, the missing files do in fact remain cataloged, but there are 2 different behaviors: Some entries still appear with its thumbnail, but with the added "X" icon. Some others appear with the "giant X" deleted thumbnail. It seems clearly cache-related (if I manually refresh the entry, the thumbnail disappears).
I would like and option to preserve the thumbnails for missing items. Maybe converting it to fileless entries, which store their thumbnails as separate files if I understood correctly. Maybe it would be better/simpler to have the option to store ALL the thumbnails on disk (and obviously optionally don't delete them when detecting missing files, only with manually deleted ones). Just ideas, cYo will know better.
Greetings.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by hetchel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Preserve thumbnails for missing issues 3 years 4 weeks ago #40943

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
hetchel wrote:
Maybe it would be better/simpler to have the option to store ALL the thumbnails on disk (and obviously optionally don't delete them when detecting missing files, only with manually deleted ones). Just ideas, cYo will know better.
Greetings.
I really like this part of your idea/request. It's mos def a nice feature to have added as an option which the user can turn off and on. So I 2nd this part of the request. :)

Preserve thumbnails for missing issues 3 years 4 weeks ago #40947

• hetchel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Now let's hope "somebody else" likes the idea too ;)
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Who's Online

We have 264 guests and 6 members online