Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: [Request] Better touchscreen support in Windows

[Request] Better touchscreen support in Windows 2 years 8 months ago #41798

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
Honestly, I would rather have a separate app designed for reading, based on the Android app but with the additional ability to open remote libraries. Since that may never happen, could you please improve touchscreen compatibility for reading? The only way I can seem to get the pages to turn is to "fling left" or "fling right." Nothing else works without a keyboard and mouse, and since I am using a tablet that isn't too helpful. Often my "flings" won't register, either, so I will frequently have to swipe my screen repeatedly to get it to turn the page. This gets even more annoying when I accidentally get too close to the edge and bring up the charms bar, since I am running Windows 8.1. I am unlikely to go back to my Android tablet, and since I only have 1GB or RAM Bluestacks + CRA isn't an option, either. I would at least like to be able to turn the page simply by tapping the edge of the screen. I would propose that you add a touchscreen reading mode, and have a separate configuration tab for it, instead of having it under keyboard layout. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Darrian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Request] Better touchscreen support in Windows 2 years 7 months ago #41972

• StoneRyno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Flick left and right don't work at all for me on my windows 8.1 pro tablet. I changed one of the alternates for next page in settings to two finger tap. It seems to be the best option next to flick. Unfortunately I don't care for the other touch options so if I have to go back a page I use either the toolbar button or keyboard. But flick is definitely what I want and prefer to use.

[Request] Better touchscreen support in Windows 2 years 7 months ago #41973

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
I use two finger tap to switch between windowed and full screen.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Who's Online

We have 147 guests and 4 members online