Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Batch Tag Copying

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41916

• VigorousJammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I Jam... Vigorously...
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey there! I'm not sure if there's a script that does this already, or if it's even possible to do with a script, but... I'd like it if I could select a whole bunch of comics, and copy the tags from one field to another field for all of them.

The reason I'm asking for this is because the proposed values always put chapter titles from the file names into the "Series Title" field, and I'd like to move them all over to the "Chapter Title" field without having to do so one-by-one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41922

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I think there are three methods to achieve this. The first would be to modify the way ComicRack parses the file names. You can search the forum for the location and format of the file used as the pattern. I've never looked for it or modified it. This would be my last choice.

The second method, and what I would use, is the fantastic Data Manager script. If you've not used it yet I recommend searching for The Organizer and working through that tutorial. One of the steps is installation of Data Manager, and, IIRC, instructions to help you create your own rules.

The third method would be to write a custom script to do this. I would copy an existing script with similar functionality to a new script inside otherscripts.py and modify it from there. This might be the best way to go.

However, I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you reference the "Series Title" and "Chapter Title" fields. In the book info there is a "Series" and a "Title" - is that what you meant? And I wonder if the indespensible Comic Vine Scraper script wouldn't take care of these things for you... (this is included in The Organizer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VigorousJammer

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41923

• VigorousJammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I Jam... Vigorously...
Yes, I was talking about the "Series" and "Title" fields.

As for the Comic Vine Scraper, I do use that for many of the comics I have on ComicRack, however, the files I'm talking about modifying here are manga chapters, which aren't quite as well represented on Comic Vine.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'll look around for that Data Manager script.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by VigorousJammer.

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41924

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/38-tutorials...rganizer-1st-edition

Try that thread. It has The Organizer tutorial -- and The Organizer helps you find, install, and configure Data Manager.

Also, post some examples of exactly what text you want moved from where to where. It might be trivial to whip up a script to take care of it.

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41925

• VigorousJammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I Jam... Vigorously...
I downloaded the Data Manager and created a rule within it that did what I wanted.
the annoying thing about Data Manager is that you can't run rules separately, you have to run them all at once, and then cut & paste them to the "disabled" section when you don't want to use them, which seems a bit silly to me.

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41926

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
VigorousJammer wrote:
I downloaded the Data Manager and created a rule within it that did what I wanted.
the annoying thing about Data Manager is that you can't run rules separately, you have to run them all at once, and then cut & paste them to the "disabled" section when you don't want to use them, which seems a bit silly to me.
Good for you! Always nice to get a task completed.

Yeah, data manager isn't really meant for tasks like that. It's more for consistently applying changes to all of your books. Could you put a conditional before running your rule so that it only works on books that aren't scraped, are of format MANGA, come from particular publishers or scanners, or something along those lines?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VigorousJammer

Batch Tag Copying 2 years 7 months ago #41927

• VigorousJammer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I Jam... Vigorously...
Yeah, I think that's possible. I'll look into it, thanks for the help! ^_^
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and 4 members online