Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: Migrate Android app to Windows 10.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 6 months ago #42160

• krwren
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Please start reviewing this. (channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Inside-Windows-P...our-Android-app-code). This allow you to quickly migrate the android app to Windows 10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 6 months ago #42161

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
+1 yes please

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 6 months ago #42167

• chomsky68
  • Fresh Boarder
+1

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 5 months ago #42417

I agree.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42749

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
No need for that!
Don't you guys know ComicRack exists as a Windows program? Actually it existed long before any app was released.

And it works with Windows 10. The only problem is that the W10 action center is in the way. When I want to swipe from right to left to scroll through the comic book, it just opens the action center.
Previously on Windows 8.1 this worked. I haven't found a way to deactivate the action center (the solutions in Google didn't work for W10), hopefully they will adjust ComicRack so scrolling with a touchscreen works again.

On my smartphone I use Comicreader.mobi, which also exists for a long time and in my opinion is better than the Comicrack android app.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42753

• Sokpan
  • Fresh Boarder
You are correct Shani, but for me the windows version is not able to provide the same functions as the IOS or Android versions. For example there is no sync function to my main server running windows and where I store all my comics, as don't want my windows tablet or surface to hold all the comics that I own.

Also as you state, the reading touch options in windows needs improvement.

Havent heard of Comicreader.mobi. Are you able to sunc unread/read from Comicrack to this app, or have some similar feature to sync?

I am sure with win10 we will see more comic readers come up, but really hope ComicRack does improve as really like how it works with IOS and Android

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42755

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
Sokpan wrote:
Havent heard of Comicreader.mobi. Are you able to sunc unread/read from Comicrack to this app, or have some similar feature to sync?
Interesting, because it was there before ComicRack, actually, back in the days it was one of the first comic book readers on mobile devices. I already used it on WindowsMobile, before Android came out. When I migrated to Android, I first tried out others, but they weren't so comfortable to use and luckily, Comicreader.mobi quickly migrated to Android (and IOS).
The interface is fairly simple and you just swipe to change the page. Also it has an ingenious lens feature, you just click on the speech bubble and it automatically detects the right size (not 100%, but most of the time - if not, you can make your own bubble-zoom by pinching) and zooms in only on the speech bubble.

I have all the comics I want to read (not all from my collection, just the series I currently read) on my smartphone (with a 64GB microSDXC), but ComicReader.mobi offers a WebDAV option. I never even knew there could be sync function in a comic reader and I still don't find it necessary.
So your PC's running while you're away reading comics on your tablet? That would be a waste of energy.

When I tried ComicRack for Android the last time, it was vastly inferior because of the interface. You couldn't just comfortably read comics by swiping the page and it lacked the zoom and view options of Comicreader.mobi. Did they improve those things?

Oh and by the way, earlier it was reported that you would be able to use Android apps directly in Windows 10. Seems like that feature isn't implemented yet, but I hope it dies, then I would just use comicreader.mobi with W10.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by shani.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42757

• Sokpan
  • Fresh Boarder
I use the sync function in ComicRack, on my main windows server (which is also my media server), I have my unread comics already marked as I add them in The database, then simply sync to my Ipad mini. My Ipad syncs back what comics I have read, which are removed from the Ipad, and any new ones added from main database. I dont have to leave my server running while I am away, only when I want to sync.

Ipad reader for ComicRack is not that bad, for me it is the best I have used, and easy to use with swipe, zoom and some other features.

Only problem is that I would like to not have to carry my Ipad with me when I travel as have my Surface tablet and also my Windows Lumia. With Windows 10 apps been unified for tablet and mobile, it would be great to use either my Surface or Lumia to read comics and be able to sync my reading list across all my Windows devices using ComicRack.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42758

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
Ah, now I get it! I had the wrong idea. Comicreader.mobi also marks which comics/pages are read/unread, but since I haven't used the WebDAV feature I don't know if it syncs that, too. But it would totally make sense.

So shouldn't you be able to sync with the normal Windows (not mobile) version of Comicrack? I didn't try it but you can adress a server there.

I was perfectly content with the ComicRack Windows program, until that stupid W10 action center came along. I don't need that action center anyway and now it blocks the swipe function of ComicRack (which BTW only works in portrait mode, luckily my S20 has a gyro sensor and rotation lock).
But the guys from ComicRack were smart enough to add another touch-option: If you click on the top right corner of the page, it loads the next page. Going back was either the bottom right corner or the top left one, I don't remember.
But I still want the swipe function back! I'm so used to it from Comicreader.mobi and it's just so intuitive!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by shani.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42759

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
shani wrote:
No need for that!
Don't you guys know ComicRack exists as a Windows program? Actually it existed long before any app was released.
Yes, we know. It is hardly ideal, especially with so many low-spec tablets on the market. None of the comic reader apps in the Windows App Store are as nice as CRA, none of them support WEBP images, and none of them will sync with CRW. A port of CRA to a Windows app is still desirable, so please don't hijack the thread promoting other apps that don't work nearly as well or telling us it isn't necessary. I'm using CRW already, and frankly it sucks on a tablet. Especially with an Atom CPU and 1GB RAM.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Darrian.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 7 members online