Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas
  • Page:

TOPIC: Migrate Android app to Windows 10.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 4 months ago #42760

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Darrian wrote:
so please don't hijack the thread promoting other apps that don't work nearly as well or telling us it isn't necessary.
Alright alright, no need to be a jerk about it.
I actually found this thread because I was looking for a solution regarding my problem with the W10 action center. I'm totally content with the ComicRack Windows program (not the app), it's just the OS standing in the way. But I already tried getting rid of the AC and it didn't work, so I was hoping for a W10 fix from the CR devs. I already posted here in the according thread, but so far there was no answer.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by shani.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 4 months ago #42761

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
I hear so little from the dev that I am not sure he's working on anything at this point, and I am not sure he even checks the forums anymore. Windows, Android and iOS are probably as polished as he figures they need to be so if he's doing anything it is probably minor bug fixes. He hasn't even responded to this thread yet. I'm not saying you won't get a response, but it may be a while. I wish you luck. On a side note, I haven't had any trouble swiping and bringing up the action center instead. I have had trouble getting CRW to recognize the gesture, though. Sometimes I have to swipe several times before the page turns.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 4 months ago #42762

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
Darrian wrote:
On a side note, I haven't had any trouble swiping and bringing up the action center instead. I have had trouble getting CRW to recognize the gesture, though. Sometimes I have to swipe several times before the page turns.
At least that's something, thanks :) Mine doesn't recognize any swipe gesture to turn the page (it either does nothing or the action center opens up). Now I'm wondering if it could have to do with the touchscreen (MSI S20-i541). Before, it worked flawlessly with a Medion Akoya P2214T, but that was with Windows 8.1.

EDIT: Not long after reading your post, I finally gave up on it and logged in with a Microsoft account (I was hoping to avoid that) to try some comic reader apps from the Microsoft store. I think I tried about 7 apps and I found what I need in the app Cover (Comix was also not bad)! It offers a swipe function that starts recognizing the swipe already in the middle of the page, meaning that the action menu isn't in the way. Also, this app is by far the fastest when it comes to swiping through pages.
I just uninstalled CR from my ultrabook and am happy with Cover. :)
But I still will keep CR on my PC, since It doesn't have a touchscreen.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by shani.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darrian

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 2 years 3 months ago #42898

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for pointing me to Cover. It seems to be the only app with webp support, which is mandatory to me. I have since switched. It is annoying that as I read books it doesn't mark them as read in ComicRack, but I can work with that in order to finally have a decent reader app for Windows. I still think it is a missed opportunity not to have a ComicRack app for Windows, but maybe some day. In the meantime, someone else got my $3.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Darrian.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 1 year 10 months ago #44620

• Esparte
  • Fresh Boarder
It seems to all forget the windows program dosent work in windows phone, i force to star using cover in my windows phone and in mi surface because they bring the sync function just like comicrack

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 1 year 9 months ago #45066

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sokpan wrote:
Only problem is that I would like to not have to carry my Ipad with me when I travel as have my Surface tablet and also my Windows Lumia. With Windows 10 apps been unified for tablet and mobile, it would be great to use either my Surface or Lumia to read comics and be able to sync my reading list across all my Windows devices using ComicRack.

If you want offline sync functions because you won't have internet then I'm not aware of an automated method better than the android client or your ios solution, however if you will have an internet connection with your surface then you can setup the server and then use the surface app as a client, it can retrieve your whole library and will send pages as you open them, it will also keep track of reading progress and ratings.

I know the thread is a few months old but it seems like a lot of confusion and unspecified requirements being thrown around.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 1 year 5 months ago #45747

• JimDoom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi @cyo, thank you very much for the many enjoyable hours you have provided for me with these superb apps. I have been using CRW for roughly 5yrs, and CRA along side it for 3yrs. I dont actually have a credit card, or a job, atm, so i havent been able to donate, but i have purchased the paid version of CRA. If i was able to donate, i would happily buy you a few beers for the work you've put in (and hopefully i will be able to do so soon).

I would like to add my voice to this little chorus, i think a windows tablet port of the android app would be a marvelous addition to the range, and would undoubtedly crush the competition. I have just purchased a used surface pro 3, and whilst it is a fantastic screen on which to read, the software experience delivered by CRW just isnt optimized for tablets, and the experience is a tad frustrating - so close to perfection!

Please please give this matter serious consideration. If a windows tablet app was made available, I would give a tenner to my brother and get him to pay for it with his credit card. Ten pounds would be a steal.

Thanks.

Migrate Android app to Windows 10. 1 year 2 months ago #46256

• Benjiro
  • Fresh Boarder
I need to admit, using a Windows 10 Tablet, Comicrack Windows is a bit too much on the resource intensive and less then user friendly for pure comic reading. It lacks the user friendliness. For a while, even on a powerful computer, comicrack feels less then smooth. It keeps running in the background, when i do not want that. The library & reader integration always felt "odd". I always switched to the separate reader & library mode. But i hated then whenever i opened a comic externally, the whole library parts loads, just when i only wanted to open one comic.

In my opinion, the reader needs to be split from the library. This then allows the reader to be used as a dedicated windows 10 app... Anyway, just my two cents. Its not going to happen because the Original Author is too busy with his life ( as we can tell how all development has almost stalled over the last two years. Despite it still being possible to crash the library ).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and one member online