Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks?

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 9 months ago #44342

• WildWildWest42
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've recently moved from an Android tablet to a M$ Surface, and like many others, am having trouble finding a good way to read my comics. I have downloaded and used the Microsoft store app, "Covers", which is great, but it doesnt track my reading progress and ratings I give my comics. I've downloaded the new Bluestacks 2.0 onto my Surface, but I am having trouble getting CRW to detect and sync to my "android device" emulated through Bluestacks. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorX

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 8 months ago #44557

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Same here, even tried manually adding configs with unique device ID but no go :(
Most likely its because CRA searches on the local network and doesn't use SSDP (UDP multicast) to find the Comicrack host, since BlueStacks runs in NAT mode with no option to change that it will probably never work.

However currently playing around with Vmware Workstation running Android X86:

www.android-x86.org/download

It should work but is a bit harder however you get more options like configurable storage space whereas BlueStacks is fixed to a mere 16GB.
Really hope Comicrack for Windows will be more tablet friendly in future updates, it really needs a few tweaks like proper DPI scaling for buttons / labels as they are now so small to touch and maybe multi-touch input.
Surface tablets since the 3 series are finally taking off and the 3:2 ratio makes it perfect for viewing so really hope it will get some TLC.

/Edit

Same issue, bridged to local lan but can't find or pair it.
With both BlueStracks and Android X86 you don't have WiFi available (only direct LAN) so maybe CRA has an hardcoded WiFi check?
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Rick.

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 7 months ago #44588

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
Tried it with Ami DuOS (great BlueStacks alternative) but had the same results, that one simulates WiFi by default but still I can't pair the device from ComicRack :(

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 7 months ago #44591

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
Finally got it to work :D

Used AndyOS (android emulator) and under Handy Andy -> VM launcher -> options you can select Bridged network, afterwards saved settings and it found it like a usual android device in ComicRack.
You can also use shared storage with AndyOS so can use the Windows disks for comic storage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorX, WildWildWest42

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 7 months ago #44611

• WildWildWest42
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
You were able to get this to work with a secondary Windows device running AndyOS, to connect wirelessly through a network to your main library source and have it sync? I may have to try this myself. I've never used AndyOS before, so I'll check it out. Thanks!

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 7 months ago #44647

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry about the delay as I didn't get an e-mail notification for some reason.
You have to set it to bridged in AndyOS and afterwards it will find the ComicRack windows instance on the local network and sync it like any normal Android device :)

Did switch to the Windows client on my Surface 4 Pro which is less practical due to poor DPI scaling in some areas but at least it can read directly from the local network so no need to store it on locally again, only use AndyOS for on the road reading and AmiDuOS for gaming as that one is nicer.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Rick.

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 5 months ago #45277

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can you post some screenshots of the layout when using a surface pro 4 please?

I currently have a pro 3 and things are fiddly but manageable for reading and clicking ready made smart list entries.
This isn't the first time I have heard of issues with the increased pro 4 resolution and comicrack though so it would be good to know before I buy one, I only use these for comic reading so it's pretty damn expensive when the whole solution isn't perfect.

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 1 year 2 months ago #45874

• dracodoom
  • Fresh Boarder
You can run ComicRack under AMIDuOS if you use the port forwarding tool from them and forward 7164 TCP.

Syncing to Windows running Bluestacks? 4 months 4 weeks ago #47340

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
As extra information pertaining to this thread, this is the command you need to set up port forwarding in any windows (7 up):
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=localaddress listenport=localport connectaddress=destaddress connectport=destport

where:
listenaddress=the ip address of the host (the machine where you are running the emulator)
listenport=the port you want to forward (7163 and another command for 7164)
destaddress=the ip address of the android running inside the emulator (to find it, install a terminal emulator app inside the android and type "ip show addr". It will be there. You dont need root.)
destport=7163 (then again for 7164)

like so:
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=192.168.0.163 listenport=7163 connectaddress=10.0.2.15 connectport=7163
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=192.168.0.163 listenport=7164 connectaddress=10.0.2.15 connectport=7164

you can view current port forwards with:
netsh interface portproxy show v4tov4

and remove them with
netsh interface portproxy delete v4tov4  listenport=7163 listenaddress=192.168.0.163

Adjust for your ips. 192.168.0.163 is the address of my windows tablet, 10.0.2.15 is the address of my android vm running inside it.

This can be used with all android emulators that use NAT networking, where the vm does not expose it's ports directly to the network, and thus make it impossible to sync to comicrack. Should work after this.

Look here for more info: woshub.com/port-forwarding-in-windows/

fK
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 223 guests and 3 members online