Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Merge fileless and file entry

Merge fileless and file entry 1 year 10 months ago #44552

• TinCanFury
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
came up in the thread on missing list comics, the idea for a merge feature where the entry for the actual comic file would replace the entry for the fileless comic in the database and any user lists.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dockens

Merge fileless and file entry 1 year 9 months ago #44567

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
That's the main reason I haven't used the fileless entries much. It seems over-complicated to look for fileless entries and remove them / manually merge them. I'd love a "sanity checker" that would clean up library entries. maybe an extension of a duplicate manager?

I have some dupe entries (file path is identical), I'm sure there are some duplicates (same file in two places), and fileless entry merging seems like a logical fit to me.

Merge fileless and file entry 1 year 9 months ago #44582

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I second some form of merge. I only realised just how hard it was to switch from a fileless entry to a file entry recently but not only does it rely on locating the actual file, but you seem to loose the data unless you copy it first and then paste it. A good alternative would be to just have two entries and then merge them by selecting them both and having a right click option.

You could easily get around data clashing by prioritising the first of the two files in a list.
fieldhouse wrote:
I have some dupe entries (file path is identical), I'm sure there are some duplicates (same file in two places), and fileless entry merging seems like a logical fit to me.

I know this isn't technically the help section but there are some ways you could check for these that doesn't rely on duplicate checking.

For example you can look for complete series that have more files than the highest number with a smart list. Not perfect when there are point issues or zero issues but a lot easier than just checking manually.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Who's Online

We have 279 guests and 3 members online