Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: VR Android App - close up with pane reading via head tracking

VR Android App - close up with pane reading via head tracking 1 year 9 months ago #44558

• gavthomson
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
Sounds far fetched I Know and a couple of weeks ago I would agree, but I have just bought a Gear VR for my sammy s6 and the potential for reading a comic in a virtual space with head tracking could be amazing......I'm not a developer so I am quite possibly underplaying the difficulty but rendering the page on a flat floating rectangle in space...close up and you read the comic via the head tracking function.......i'm not aware of any app that can do anything like that at the moment and this stuff is going to be big!

thanks for reading

gav
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VR Android App - close up with pane reading via head tracking 1 year 8 months ago #45044

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Don't expect something like this in the near future since VR gear is still sitting at a high price point, even for a snap in headset and the development for apps in this tech space is much more difficult.

The idea is really good though and I know I'd have fun with it. The only thing I could see as being the biggest issue is getting the page to turn unless you tapped in to the phone's back camera and used it to look for a person's hand to reach out and turn the page.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Who's Online

We have 288 guests and 5 members online