Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Multiple "Sort By" Criteria

Multiple "Sort By" Criteria 1 year 2 months ago #46031

• lucidusatra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I generally like to keep my comics sorted by date published. However, comics published in the same month, when no day is specified, are sorted alphabetically. Sometimes, lots of stuff happens in a month -- stuff that's meant to be read in a certain order. A useful feature would be the ability to sort by published, and then if conflicts arose, sorting by, say, alternate series number. Or any of the other sorting criteria ComicRack has. Just a suggestion, I'm sure you have a lot on your plate right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple "Sort By" Criteria 1 year 2 months ago #46037

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Use Ctrl when selecting from list to sort by up to three fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucidusatra

Multiple "Sort By" Criteria 1 year 2 months ago #46039

• lucidusatra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Are you talking about the filters? The ability to, for example, show only comics featuring a specific character, or only comics by a specific publisher? I'm talking about the "arrange by" criteria (I called it "sort by" in the title, but looking now, it's called "arrange by"). I don't want to hide specific comics, I just want to keep comics published in the same month in the correct order.

EDIT: Oh, I see. This works for "Group By" and "Stack By" but not for "Arrange By." I may be able to find a way to make this suit my needs.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by lucidusatra.

Multiple "Sort By" Criteria 1 year 2 months ago #46040

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
lucidusatra wrote:
EDIT: Oh, I see. This works for "Group By" and "Stack By" but not for "Arrange By." I may be able to find a way to make this suit my needs.

Exactly. That is the approach ComicRack takes to ordering, groups and stacks. The 'arranged by' is for once you have your groups displayed the way you want them. I do agree it would be useful to have more than one criteria for 'arranged by' for certain situations but in the main the group approach works.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and 8 members online