Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Custom Values with multiple items (as tags)

Custom Values with multiple items (as tags) 11 months 1 week ago #46638

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I have been doing some scripting lately, and I would really find useful to have an options with custom values to be able to add multiple, uncounted items to each one... (as tags, or characters, or locations)

This would be quite usefull to, for example, store data as "villans" or "main characters" and then be able to search for them as individual values (as with tags, which in the upper panel you can see all tags used individually)

It could be cool to add this kind of field format to custom values, something as "custom tag groups" or something like that... (I am not talking about changing custom values as they are now, but adding another kind)

Nowadays I just use a field separated with commas and then split them inside my scripts, but this only works for my scripts and not with the main program default tools...

Another workaround I sometimes use is using tags, and adding some category in the name, for example adding "Main Character: Superman" "Main Character: Wonder Woman" as separate tags... but this can become very confusing with many tags... and it makes you to have to work separetely with different categories...
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere

Custom Values with multiple items (as tags) 11 months 1 week ago #46647

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I have always wanted this. I think I asked for it years ago. The simplest implementation would be to allow the specification of custom field types, enumerated fields would also be pretty useful. I have always wanted a linked list of pointers to other comics as a useful custom field.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere, Xelloss
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Who's Online

We have 272 guests and 5 members online