Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: open a folder

open a folder 9 years 11 months ago #536

• Weedy
  • Fresh Boarder
i may have missed it, but for the life of i can't open a folder of images. also i read something about a conversion feature? if i can open i folder can i make .cbr/.cbz out of them?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:open a folder 9 years 11 months ago #541

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
ComicRack doesn't load images from folders like a general purpose image browser does. It deals specifically with eComic formats. These formats are normally thought of as compressed file formats but renamed to reflect their contents and purpose: zip or cbz, rar or cbr, tar or cbt. The eComic reader can also deal with pdf files, a feature that can be improved by installing GhostScript.

To create a CBZ eComic, first add images to a zip file. (Side note: Don't use compression if you can avoid it. IZarc refers to this as the Store Method as opposed to the Deflate Method. This will speed up ComicRack when it reads the images from the eComic since it won't have to decompress the file.) Lastly, replace .zip with .cbz as the file extension. That's all that's required. You can use a similar procedure to create CBT and CBR files if you have the software to create TAR and RAR compressed files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Who's Online

We have 340 guests and one member online