Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: About the 0976

About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #920

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
Nice one! The improvements with the thumbnails were really long awaited. This one is a notable version upgrade I think.

Ok, now for some badmouthing, think. I was surprised with the layout change, while it may not bother new/introductory users, previous users (me) may find it a downgrade of functionality - (reader got bothersome menus, doubleclicking the reader doesn't go back quickly to browser/library).

That said 0976 is good, but 0975's layout was fine, and for that, I'll stick with it for a while, I guess.

My request would be to revert the layout back. I hope I'm not alone with this sentiments.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #926

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Thew new layout is here to stay (you're talking about the new "fill" layout mode i guess). I think from a usability perspective the new layout is much better and logical.

Of course as this is the first throw, there are still some adjustments coming.

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #927

• IceMan
  • Fresh Boarder
[brownnosing]
First of all, thanks for the really great program.
[/brownnosing]

But I have to agree (partly) with xzbachan.

1) shortcut/mouse click or at least "Show in Browser" should bring you back to the Library
2) I like the tabbar, but it should be possible to deactivate the other bars in full screen mode

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #932

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
I agree. Please give us the option to deactivate the tab bar in full screen reading mode. Thanks!

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #936

• cYo
full screen is still the same in the other docking modes.
i will implement the "show library" click

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #939

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
Looking forward to that, and to point out the advantage of the semi-full screen reader (one used in 0975 but removed in 0976) are:

1. Title Bar -you view quickly the title of comics, useful when moving on to the next comic after reaching the end. no need to go back to library to see what you are exactly reading.

2. Quick access to the caption buttons (the min, max & exit of windows) granted this can be on the mouse/keyboard shortcut, but it's still faster to mouse for that x on top of your PC when needing to hide it from evil eyes... (I hide it to the tray), etc.

3. Task bar, we love to multi-task, doing thousand things while/aside from reading comics, (email, chat, downloading, etc) hey, like everyone got more than one something opened there - it's faster switching back & forth from comicrack to another program. Alt-Tabbing may be a choice though, but taskbars is standard...

Also the former reader is more space saving in comparison to the tabbed format used in 0976 (1/4 to 1/8 is taken up by the buttons & tabs) not everyone got vertical monitor for limited space.

-Just hoping, but I hope the feature can be returned as an arbitrary/hidden option. I'm gonna miss it. (Well, not really, 0975 is bug free so sticking with it) Also 0976 can already be said a version 2 due to all the change, while 0975 can be called a true version 1 already... I think.

Re:About the 0976 9 years 9 months ago #942

• cYo
0.9.77 will not hide menu/toolbar/status bar when changing docking modes or turning browser on or off. By default they will be always visible.

Instead there will be a special menu/toolbar/keyboard command to hide/show these three elements. So you can quickly turn them on or off.

There will also be an option in the settings to toggle the visibility of these elements automatically when switching to fullscreen and back.

I fear you will have to live with the tabbar in full docking mode. But I think in combination with new shortcuts for switching docking modes and in general the ability to save workspace settings, this should solve the mentioned "upgrade" problems :)
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Who's Online

We have 262 guests and one member online