Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: About the 0978

About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #977

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
Nice version, if for newbies, it's best to get this version.

Feature request, I got some:

1. Return all the manga features. Why take it off?

<No reason to remove it.>

2. Return the POST-0977 Layout (forgive me for being blunt & repetitive here) even though, you mentioned that the new layout is here to stay.

<While it may be the norm for PC programs (or other ebook reader) to have the controls, tabs, etc. on screen - we don't need it -since a comic reader don't need to be cluttered especially CR navigation is fine with hidden slider bottom/top & next page left right arrows, eating that little space is, totally wrong>

or if #2 is not possible:

3. Apply the bug fix and graphical improvements on 0976 and post it as final ver1 or "Super ComicRack Turboversion" or ComicRack Turbo: Hyper Edition? Well, the naming is unimportant but you get the point?

Cheers.

x
x

Scratch out 2 and 3, I just found and trying out the NEW Minimum User Interface. Still where's our manga options when to?

I'll be reporting for anything else, but it's looking good for now. (P.S. Can't you Include the tabs with MUI?)
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by xzbachan. Reason: edit
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #978

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
3) Has just been renamed to "right to left" settings.

And "right to left" reading is now an independent setting that can be switched on/off for every eComic.

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #979

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
No it doesn't, well, post-0975 it is, but not the way 0976 is. you know. The Up left => down left => up right => down right, manga reading... tried it, it's not. So it turned on the option in the preferences - the true right to left, and the reader just jumps past the left page... (only read the right side)

Well 0978 is looking great, Strangely on the old P4 PC, the CR consumption of resources is good, if not better than previous versions... but, it eats a lot of PC resources on my new/good PC (mem usage around 289,345K), except for mostly "not responding", freezes for 5-10 sec during normal browsing, but thankfully no crashing -yet, so everything else is ok... but annoying.

ok, heres my outline:

1. MANGA FEATURE is bugged/broken/not working as previous version;
2. "Freak"quent -not responding- not sure if it's only me;
3. Request for the go to last page & go to first page added to the context (right-click) menu in reader, as we do hide the menu bar & other clutters in the reader.

It is perfect yet, but I'll move on from 0976 to 0978 and stick with it unless the freezes bugs me to death, that is.

x
x

ok again, errata :

1. Manga feature is erratic, sometimes it works, sometimes not, Restarted CR, it doesn't work again...a bug?
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by xzbachan.

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #981

• cYo
actually it is better than in the old versions.
With the "Main Menu->Read->Double page auto scrolling" you can change the way autoscrolling handles dual pages.

Goto first page is double click on the left navigation arrow. Goto last page is double click on the right arrow. And as always, there are keyboard shortcuts :)

I'll look into the freezes. This is basically the background saving of the database.

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #983

• cYo
ok i got it now. there is a bug with right to left. basically to enable it you have to disable/enable it for each comic.

Next release will fix it.

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #984

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
xzbachan mentioned it above, but can't the tabs be included when in Minimum User Interface mode, for true fullscreen?

BTW, I love having the comic tabs inline with the library tabs a la my request. Thanks!

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #986

• cYo
But tabs are included when in MUI...

Maybe someone can show me an annotated screen shot on what is expected :)

Re:About the 0978 9 years 9 months ago #987

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
OK
I have "Fullscreen also toggles Minimal User Interface" checked.
So far it looks like this:

I hit "-" to go to full-screen and I still see the tabs:

What we want (or I want anyway) is to hide the tabs too.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to try something else and I'll take more screen-shots if needed.
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and one member online